Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Filling in the Pieces

Did you ever start something and you weren't really sure why you started it? I mean a project without an end goal, something without vision and planning, maybe falling into something because it just sounded like fun?


When I first started blogging, it was for various reasons... growing my business here in Germany, connecting to customers on a personal level, keeping up with my family and friends back in the States, journaling my emersion into my new country, and well, simply as an outlet for me. Writing has always been the best way that I can express myself, but somewhere along the way my vision for blogging and inspiration were no longer clear.

With having two children my life changed. I changed. My days got busier, the list of things to do got longer, my time got shorter, priorities changed and with it blogging slid from the top of the list. The funny thing is that even though I haven't posted in months, I don't really feel like I have quit. Perhaps, I am looking for the right time to jump back in. I saw a blog post recently where someone had not posted on their blog in well over a year. Then all of a sudden, there they were again. They proceeded with a seemingly normal blog post as if a year's time had never passed. 



But now I guess I don't want to just jump back in and show project after project without even saying - hey, remember me…yeah, I know, I've been gone a long time. But yet somehow I need to have a clear definition for myself of why I actually want to blog. What is my purpose? Do I want to be a crafting and sewing blog making efforts to move and inspire my German readers while feeling a certain disconnection to those who only quietly stop by, but never connect with me feeling that either their English is not good enough or not being certain of my German abilities? Or do I want this to be primarily a  personal journal of my life… what moves me, what I feel and am passionate about? The question for me is, can one really combine both?

I'm still sorting, defining, and trying to find balance, but in the same respect, I am not ready to plunge back into things again full force. This is just perhaps a slight little "wiggling my fingers"  to show that there are still signs of life. Slow and gradual, easing back into things as inspiration comes… this is my simple plan for now.

2 comments :

  1. I don't think you need to have a purpose to blog. Just share what you feel like sharing. Have missed you! Did you know we just got back from China and adopted a little girl. That makes 5 for us! Hope to see more of you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back! I'm trying to be 'back', too. We shall see, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails