Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Alle Vögel sind schon da!


Through my children attending kindergarden, I have naturally picked up on a few "standard" songs that everyone knows here in Germany... big and small alike. Even though "Vogelhochzeit" is perhaps my all time favorite German children's music, one particularly cute song that crosses the lips of just about every child almost as soon as they can form words is "Alle Vögel sind schon da" (translated, all the birds are already there... spring wants to march in!)

...  and these sweet winged creatures were the inspiration for my latest projects as featured in the June issue of Anna Magazin. (Oz Verlag, Germany)


For me, there is nothing more delightful than to sit with my morning tea and marvel at my little feathered friends busily hopping, fluttering, and flying from place to place.


Occasionally a bushy-tailed, four-legged squirrel scampering around at the same busy, yet happy pace....


I was actually able to "borrow" a couple design elements from the fabric itself as the inspiration for my embellishments... simply free motion outlining on felt.


Patterns & Sewing Instructions: Allison Richter as featured in Anna Magazin (Germany)
Fabrics: Cori Dantini, Good Company for Blend Fabrics, "Alle Vögel sind schon da" fabric kits available in Germany here.

4 comments :

  1. Sehr schön! Mir gefallen deine Vögelchen sehr und automatisch kommt einem das Lied in den Kopf.
    Dir einen schönen Tag
    Ines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ines, I find that this is the kind of song that can get stuck in your head all day long and just makes you happy... with the thought of spring on the way, how could it not?

    LG, Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously in love with this theme! So sweet! Would make for a darling little girls bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have lovely quilts and other projects! I will visit again :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails