I have to admit that I've really enjoyed having a project in the works that is already cut and ready to go. For our Modern Patchwork Treffen in February, I ended up cutting almost all of the fabrics for my Churnstile quilt blocks... so when we met again in March, all I had to do was just sit down and sew! Ok, ok... so I think it's safe to say that this will not be my bee block, which is ok since it seems as if I've developed very specific ideas about the colors and fabrics.
I thought that I needed to add a few blocks with softer tones to give this a little more balance... this shade of periwinkle is just perfect!
For a lack of a better word, I've also been making a few "cornerstone" blocks too. (I'm sure there's a quilting term for these smaller blocks) It's been fun work on a few placement ideas to see how they would look best when integrated in with the larger blocks... always open for feedback! (hint, hint)
Since this had officially been labeled another "basket project", you'll see little bits of progress here and there. I've got a pretty big basting project to start on!
Linking up this week to Let's Bee Social and Sew Cute Tuesday.