Tuesday, August 15, 2017

#30daysoffabricstacks Take IV


So, I realized that I was more than a little behind on sharing my fabric stacks here on the blog, but hey, better late than never, right?

As you can imagine, there are several fabric stacks that come quite easily, and some of them I had to work, re-work, and even re-re-work multiple times. #Grey is what I consider a non-color... and arguments in agreement or disagreement be what they may, this almost non-existent "color" in my stash, made this fabric stack one of the hardest. But ahhh... that little pop of citrus saved this stack for me, and was actually a weekly winner! (thanks @stitchedincolor and @bobbieloufabrics)


We all have 'em... those fabrics we hoard. Because I came to the quilting scene after the Carolyn Friedlander Architextures reign, let's just say that it's been a major search for some of those hard to find, out of print beauties. If you were to ask me what fabric collection I would like to see re-released? Without a question, it would be this one, but until then, these will stay in the #Fabric I Hoard section.


As much as I love #Purple, this stack was harder than I would have estimated. Tshades of purple are so varied, it was a little difficult to keep the story consistent. After I got the purples right, all this stack needed was a fun pop of orange.


The #Analogous Colors palette, is one that I keep coming back to time and time again, although it's never taken center stage in a quilt, it's got my beloved green - check! Several EQ7 mock ups have been in this color story, so I suppose I should get it off the computer screen and into a quilt.


It was fun for me to think about what kinds of fabric a  #Teen might actually find "cool"... they really are their own group, aren't they? I know, I know, perhaps I should have done a "boy" teen pull considering the fact that my two littles will one day be teens, but I couldn't resist this fun and bright more for a girl color combination.


The #Almost Primary might be another least- likely-to-become-a-quilt stack. To make other colors, primary are a must, but even a tweaked version of them leaves me thinking that it just needs something else.


... there's only one more week to share. Too curious to wait? Hop on over to Instagram to see the rest.

3 comments :

  1. What a great stash! Love the analogous and the almost primary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a lovely stash and by extension a wonderful taste in fabric. =) I enjoy seeing your projects coming together using these oh-so-pretty colour schemes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so can hear the greys cry - let them visit me to feel like a color again :)

    Love the analogous color palette. Let's see what quilt design you pick.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails