Wednesday, October 14, 2015

"The House Where Kitty Lives" Free Pattern


When Kitty has first asked me to do a mini mini swap, it was if the heavens opened, and a big down pour of ideas (at least a 1001) were dumped on my head. I've actually been reading Kittty's blog for a while now, and we've e-mailed back and forth for almost as long, sharing not just a passion for sewing, but also exchanging fun stories about managing a creative life with kids. In reading her blog, you get the feeling of just how important her family with three vibrant little ones are to her.

I actually started making my first Mini Mini Sunburst with her in mind because I thought it would be spot on, but after finishing it, I somehow kind of felt like I didn't really want to stop there. So... would you like to take a visit with me to "The House Where Kitty Lives"?... my second free mini mini paper pieced pattern! (it's the perfect scrap buster!)


I chose to make a window to represent each of her three children, with a flower in the window for growth, new life, and an appeal to her love of gardening... and in that kind of home, isn't that the place where love and happiness reside?


If you think you might have seen and heard enough about the mini mini craze, then I'd suggest you buckle up!... I'm currently working on a least two more patterns that I can share with you. Be sure to hop on over to Instagram for more mini mini quilting inspiration.

Linking up this week to Freshly Pieced and Let's Bee Social.

17 comments :

  1. The little house is so cute! I love it! I've slowed a bit on making mini mini's, for the time being! They are just too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mini mini seriously made me tear up; it's so sweet! Thank you so very much for this most cherished gift. It will happily reside on my craft loft wall, in the house where Kitty lives (!!), and will give me a smile every single time I see it (which hopefully will be at least 20 min per day lol). So much gratitude!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Kitty, I most certainly did not mean to make you tear up... but glad to hear that they were tears of joy! Enjoy your 20 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mini is so cute. I want to move right in. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little house. I almost wish I had a cellphone so I could join in on the instagram mini craze, it looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh.my.gosh. This is SO perfect! and sooo Kitty! and so well done!! The hand quilting is the icing on the (teeny tiny) cake. No wonder you are having too much fun. Darn it, Woman! You might just suck me in to this whole tiny craziness ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is so lovely and wonderfully detailed! kitty is blessed to receive such a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a lovely mini and such nice details and storys behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this mini mini! And the embroidery. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from Lets Bee Social. What an absolutely adorable mini mini! Thank you for so generously sharing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your pattern with us, I've been wanted to make some mini quilt and this one is the perfect one. It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your mini house... Now I need to find your mini mini Sunburst... thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails