Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Felt Applique + Peanut Butter Sandwiches


When I was a little girl, I would take a peanut butter sandwich in my school lunch everyday... and I really mean EVERY day. No jelly, just peanut butter. I suppose this went on for years, and I have to admit that I smile inwardly when my littlest asks for a cream cheese sandwich, yup, you guessed it... EVERY day.


While I no longer eat peanut butter sandwiches on a daily basis, I do notice that I have a tendency that when I get in a phase, that I stick with for a while... just like my peanut butter sandwiches. I suppose that the need to get it fully out of my system sometimes doesn't just stop with the first project. And it would appear that felt applique is the current flavor of the month.


I had shared little sneak peeks of my washing symbols project last week, but now they are finished up and ready to go to Nadelwelt. I really wanted to focus on more detailed quilting, and love the way these turned out once they were framed... see, I don't always make just pillows ; )


But as you can imagine, one project snowballs into another, and then into the next... like a potato chip, I couldn't stop with just one, right?!? I shared this sneak peak on Instagram this week of yet another felt applique project that I am working on... quilted up and ready to be turned into? what else...


... another peanut butter sandwich. You can see it coming now, can't you?

Do you have a tendency to get stuck on one favorite technique, pattern, favorite fabric pull like a favorite sandwich?

6 comments :

  1. Gorgeous work, beautiful colors and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog, thanks to Instagram! Keep them coming, you are incredibly talented. I’m enjoying looking at your work. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you getting fancy with the free motion quilting!!!
    They are all fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable and very neat and tidy too.
    For me it is stroopwafels. I have to eat them all and then I am done.... for a while.
    My family came to the US, from Holland, when I was a wee tot

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your felt applique pieces! Especially since you choose such luscious colors. Those purples remind me of iris and crocus flowers :)

    I'm just the opposite when it comes to quilting projects. I want to try new fabrics and new patterns all the time! But I do eat the exact same thing for lunch everyday: cheese, raw bell peppers, cashews and a piece of dark chocolate. No substitutions allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely stick with my sweets for a while till I am "over them". With quilting not so much :) Love the idea to frame the washing symbols. They look very nice this way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails