Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Start TheYear Out With A Bang!


I know, I know... I've kind of left you hanging these last months, and while I could ramble on for ten blog posts about what has kept me absent, let's just start off the new year with a clean slate... sound like a plan? With all those explanations out of the way, then I can just jump right into sharing (in part) some the exciting things that are coming up, and what has my calendar already half way filled up with the year having barely started!?!

How about if I start with what is the furthest away and work my way back? I have the opportunity  to teach two classes at Nadelwelt in Karlsruhe again in May, and I am super excited about teaching color theory for quilters.


It's no secret that pulling fabrics for a project is my favorite part of quilting. I would love to pull fabrics every day, but I realize that this keeps one from making it to the sewing machine. It was a friend of mine who pointed out that I seem to work with confidence when using color, and suggested to teach a class about it.


Color means something different to everyone, and can evoke memories and even dictate moods... it's something that is very personal. Even though color is so personal, it can often be a little intimidating to tame and control. I want to challenge those who like to play it safe with pre-cuts and kits, and give a little guidance to those who are not sure how to incorporate colors. I've planned a very hands on class, and share how to make color intentional.


I also get the opportunity to teach a class on my favorite applique method, starch applique. Not only will I be teaching this class at Nadelwelt, but I have the chance to teach this technique in Northern Germany in April. Nachtpedalquilts will be hosting several quilters and has asked me to teach a weekend course.
 

It's been so long since I've talked about Whirly Girl that you may have forgotten about her, but she is about to make her debut in the next months... the first draft goes out to pattern testers at the end of this month, and I'll share the finial quilt once it goes out. I am planning for a March 14th release... somehow March just seems to be my month of pattern releases!


I just need to bind this finally quilted quilt, and then I'll be ready to share her with the world. Let's see if I'll have time to throw this smaller version together too!


Last but not least, in addition to two magazine features coming up, one in February, and the other in early summer (sorry, no sneak peeks), I'll move towards turning my apple quilt into a pattern! I had so many requests for it, that I decided to start working on it. I'll be making several changes to it since the original design was inspired by a print from Clare Youngs, but I hope that you will love all those small, little changes.


wheh, did I forget to mention anything? Probably, but I'll leave that for next time.

2 comments :

  1. Hello *wave* Nice to see you back here. Lookinig foward to sewing Whirly Girl. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Allison.
    Pretty pretty photos here Thank you for sharing your inspirations.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails