Thursday, November 10, 2011

Secret Garden

You know what they say... "when it rains, it pours", and that is exactly how fabric deliveries have been around here these days. Actually, I had originally planned that the fabric collections that I had ordered from Spring Market would be delievered one month after the other, but somehow a couple were early, a couple were late, and now it seems as if everything has landed at the same time, which leaves me only one thing to do... another introduction. (but I'm sure you don't mind, do you?)

Sandi Henderson has been in the fabric design scene for quite some time now, creating lovely, sweet fabrics that are pefect not only for quilting, but epecially for children's clothing and other kids projects. Her latest fabric collection "Secret Garden" not only lends itself to children's projects, but reads a little softer and more sophisticated.


I remember reading "The Secret Garden" as a little girl, and this fabric collection evokes images of a lush, hidden garden burried somewhere deep in the woods or other undiscovered place, just waiting to be found... and that one vintage key, with so much character and intrigue, not knowing what it might unlock, who it belonged to, or how old it is. But thrilling to discover that it is just what one needs to unlock that intricately carved door, overgrown with roses, that leads into a wonderful world of pristine blooms and scents... what's in your secret garden?

2 comments :

  1. What fabulous fabric!
    The Secret Garden was my favourite book as a child

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, I'm loving this fabric! GOOD CALL!

    I think my secret garden is my office w/a work table, perpetual sunlight, fresh flowers, and a pitcher of sweet tea. =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails