Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Home Sweet Home Notions


I love sewing notions, don't you? I suppose most avid sewers and quilters do, and they seem to come up in my work over and over again. For my Home Sweet Home applique sampler, that is releasing in May, I wanted to include things that are near and dear in my home... what are the things that surround you that make you feel like home? My sewing room is a big part of my everyday space, so it's quite fitting that a few notions found their way into my sampler...


Already at five and seven, both of my boys always ask ahead of time which are my paper scissors and which are my fabric scissors *smile* It's never too early to train them right.


Ahhh, "basting"... that dirty word in the quilting world, (well, not for me) but safety pins are kind of a necessary evil in the notions drawer. Such a practical and little notion also deserves a space with the rest of the beloved notions.



My mom, who taught me to sew, probably felt like she wanted to pull her hair out when I wanted to leave the ironing step out when she was teaching me to sew. At the time, it just felt like it took to long to get to the end result anyway... "why waste even more time ironing?" was my thought. Nevertheless, I now realize the value of a hot iron and perfectly pressed seams.


Do you have any sewing notions that are near and dear to your heart?

4 comments :

  1. My seam ripper is my constant companion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sampler and it makes me smiling, just put away my thimble to be able to type these words, so this notion would be nice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your notions, your sampler is going to be gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The safety pins are just ... wow!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails