Wednesday, May 1, 2019

May Day


My favorite time of the year in Germany has to be April/May... it's when the grey veil finally rolls back, vibrant touches of spring flowers have ushered in the season, and fields of gold are to be seen everywhere you look.The golden canola blooms bring with it the beginning of the best meal that you can find in Germany... Spargel! (white asparagus.. read more about it here)


Living in the country means that such color delights for the eye are just at your back door... literally. I told my husband last week that this field, just a mere matter of steps from our house, is too perfect to pass up the opportunity for a background for a photo shoot. And what could make that field any lovelier, but a quilt in front of it... or is it the other way around that the sprawling blanket of gold is what makes the quilt lovelier?


In any case, Nadelwelt is this week, and in spite of the fact that I've been considerably absent, I wanted to share this quilt top that I finished a while back... perhaps more than that, I just wanted to share the view from my sewing room.

3 comments :

  1. Those colors really fit well together. Have fun at Nadelwelt! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh this quilt turned out just beautific!
    This year is flying by. We are already experiencing some very warm days here,
    I know you will have a great time at Nadelwelt.
    I am sure your German language skills are superb
    Do you ever go off the grid and give them some of your West Virginia twang? I bet that is fun for all.
    This quilt looks so perfect in this photo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails