Monday, June 21, 2010

Light It Up, Again!

So I'm finally back on a roll trying to add all those finishing touches to the baby's room that I have planned in my head. The little one's room was in need of some extra lighting. You may remember my Light It Up project from earlier in the month... so I decided to put this one together as a tutorial too. This really is a five minute project, (perhaps six or seven if you are wanting to take photos of the whole process). I simply purchased a wall lamp from Ikea (Tassa Natt) and went to work. My husband liked the cover that it came with, but I really wanted to coordinate the lighting with what I already had in the baby's room.

1. Remove the existing cover/paper from the wall lamps.

2. Using the removed cover as a template, trace onto a heavier card stock paper, and cut along the traced lines. (Note: I used a medium weight card stock paper instead of an extra heavy weight so there would not be too much bulk once the fabric was added)

3. On the back side of the card stock paper, transfer the folding lines from the original cover.

4. Cut your fabric of choice slightly larger than your card stock paper. Spray the front side of the card stock paper with an adhesive glue that is suitable for both paper and fabric. Carefully lay the card stock paper on the fabric and smooth gradually.

5. Trim the excess fabric to the size of the card stock paper.

6. Fold the fabric covered card stock along the folding line that was traced in step 3. It is easiest to use a ruler as a folding straight edge.

7. Insert your fabric covered card stock back into the original lamp and close.

A quick and easy lighting project in a snap!

1 comment :

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails