Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Secrets Come In Two's


When I said that I was doing a lot of secret sewing, I really wasn't kidding!?! My Jeweled Mystery quilt top is almost finished and will go out soon to be longarm quilted - my first quilt to be finished by someone else! If you don't know Iva's work, then you really need to check her out here... just amazing! 

Well, now that the cat's out of the bag that I'm working on writing quilt patterns, I can let you in on a few behind the scenes in the works. The second pattern that I am working on really is a little bit of everything - traditional piecing, paper piecing, applique, and curved piecing... is there anything that I left out?!?


... and what's a good quilt block without a little bit of mini cuteness in the mix? 1 1/2 inch HST cuteness to be exact.



It's been fun for me to explore a variety of time saving techniques to make things come together faster... like this great HST tutorial that I found on Pinterest... why re-invent the wheel, right?


Hmm... trimming HST's in not exactly my favorite part, but a necessary evil that now matter how hard you try, you just can't get around.



Aside from our move, our big guy starts school this Saturday, and we have been enjoying the relaxed, off-schedule summer days. Despite the slow pace of things, I'm sooo ready to make it back to my sewing room!

Linking up to Let's Bee Social.

8 comments :

  1. These fabrics are beautiful together! Three weeks until school starts for our soon-to-be third grader here. Can't wait to see the block all together. Little HST's and curves -- love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trimming HSTs is a necessary evil. I try to delight in the colorful trimmings like you show at the end. If the trimmings are lovely, the quilt must be stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! Pattern writing is not an easy process. You have me so curious too! The HST tutorial you referenced is a really great method!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for you! Love the colour palette of the jewels and also the HST. Good luck with finishing your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty colors! I tried that HST technique today, too! And I almost took a picture of all my trimmings! Good luck with your pattern writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beautiful colors you're working with. Good luck with your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your photos! Those little quarter circles waiting to be sewn... the mind blowing HST hack (do you know how to make them 8 at a time? it's crazytown but when you're finished and have EIGHT HSTs, it's so worth it!!)... I love it! I can't wait to see what you're working on, either! Gorgeousness abounds!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails