Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Taking Time


Applique takes time, and sometimes the pressure of the social media world of "I must post daily inspiration", never takes into consideration that slow stitching is supposed to be just that... slow. 

 Block 463
When you see me pull my Chuck Nohara blocks out, then you know that it is vacation time, or I am at least at a point I am slowing down. Since I was away from my sewing machine for the whole summer, I had to at least have a little something around for my itching fingers.

 Block 620
The last time I posted any real progress on my Summer Garden project was last year... and let me just say that this is not a project that I plan to finish any time soon. My aunt, who is a seasoned quilter, is always reminding me that it's not about turning out one quilt after the other, as quickly as possible, but about enjoying the process... a good reminder for all of us, don't you think?


 Block 696
But I am actually ok with my snails pace progress... and have no apologies for taking it slow. Even a garden never grows overnight, and those stop and smell the roses moments make it worth it.

 Block 602
Somehow, every time I think about my Summer Garden project, the nursery rhyme from Mother Goose always comes to mind...

Mary, Mary, quite contrary
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockleshells
And pretty maids all in a row.




Wanna slow stitch with me and are in the Hamburg area? Then be sure to check out my previous post because I will be teaching a starch applique class.

9 comments :

  1. I love your Chuck Nohara quilt blocks! They are so pretty! And your Aunt is right, isn’t she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to quilt slower. The last time I tried hand work, my hands hurt from fibro too much to carry on, but I'm not as bad now, so as soon as I get my new glasses tomorrow, I'm going to give it a go again. And if I still can't do it by hand, then I'll still find another way to slow down and enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them and appreciate your slow stitching when returning so beautiful blocks. Which is the book you take the blocks from?
    Greetings Christiane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaak, these are precious. Each one a gem. Allison, these are beautiful I love them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luscious! And they harmonize perfectly with the other quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could call it "the four or five vacations quilt" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore these blocks. Every time I see them I just have to smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blocks, fresh and lovely, simple but charming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your Chuck blocks and the colour palette you have used. They would workequally as well using wool felt and embroidery too I think - ideas simmering here ...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails