Sunday, August 11, 2019

Link-Up #summerstacksundays Soft Summer


Can you believe that the first month of summer is over now, and we are well into the second half of it? Has it whizzed by, or have you had a chance to slow down, and stop and smell the roses? Either way, I hope you are having fun stacking.


When I think of summer colors, I actually think of two color ways. Obviously many of the summertime blooms are vibrant, bold, and colorful... but there is a softer side to summer, which is this weeks' theme: "Soft Summer". I started out with this print from Rae Ritchie as my inspiration. I absolutely adore her whimsy and playfulness of her fabrics.



This stack is not too far off from last week's complimentary color pull - "red" and green, but with accents of lilac. The inspiration fabric has several obvious hints on what to combine with it. I could have added more intense hues, but I enjoy working with a restrained pastel palette too.



Are you ready? Remember that anyone can link up their fabric stack, even if you are coming late to the party. Be sure mention that you are linking up with Campbell Soup Diary for #summerstacksundays. You can also link up from Instagram. The link-up runs from July 5th - September 1st.

Please take the time to visit/comment/like the posts from others who are linking up and be sure to look through the comments. If you happen to be struggling with your fabric stack, then just say so in the comments, so the rest of us can stop by and maybe help you out... sometimes a fresh eye can see something that might have been missed.  

If you are following the weekly themes, next week I'll be sharing a "Bright Summer" stack... which is completely left up to you to interpret how you want. See you then!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment :

  1. Those Scissors! They are beautiful. I love the arrangement too. :)
    I am in Florida so when I think of summer it is hot, hot, hot! lol. Reds oranges, yellows and cool blues for the water we get in to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails