Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Surprises

I had a visit this week, and after having said goodbye, as I turned to come back inside, I found the sweetest little Christmas surprise "stocking" that was left hanging on our door... handcrafted and filled with all kinds of self made sweets and goodies, just for us!

Aren't these gingerbread (Lebkuchen) ornaments great! (you can find the recipe for them here) ... it kinda reminds me of these. (In case you can't read German, but would like to try out this recipe, try this or here is another great online translator.) Easy to make and adds a special and traditional handmade touch to the Christmas tree. Can't wait to try them when the little one is old enough to help in the kitchen.

So it seems that Mr. Claus has so much on his list to do this year that he is making early visits. Thanks Santa for stopping by! (aka Susanne)

1 comment :

  1. Such a wonderful little stocking and a lovely surprise. I ♥ Lebkuchen , reminds me of when I used to live in Germany.

    I love the previous post .. very cute .. yes I think you and hubby should make more time for snuggling up :-)

    Sorry I have been over lately but I have tried , but for some reason , your blog freezes up on me, I do keep trying. Merry Christmas and a very happy New year best wishes from Oxfordshire.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails