Monday, November 17, 2008

2:05 on the Nose

While in the middle of working, my husband announced to me today that he was headed to the Baumarkt (that's the home improvement store) He had then further explained that he just needed to get out and have a little distraction from his current project. No big deal, right? Well, yes except...he never takes a break from work like that. Once he is focused, he is really focused. To pull him away from work is almost like a little kid being pulled away from his favorite toy to take a bath...it takes a little effort and coercing. But I thought nothing more of it and kissed him upon return as he headed back to his desk. Thirty minutes or so later, he shows up at my door with a big bouquet of flowers. (this action is the very same thing that made me say I would marry him someday)
He asked me if I knew what today was. Sometimes we wish each other happy anniversary on the 4th of the month, but today is not the 4th. Then it dawned on me that today is also my grandmothers birthday and that I should call her, but that was no grounds to give me flowers. Then it hit me...today I have been in Germany now for two years. My husband further informed me that I landed two years ago exactly at 2:05...and there he was again, right on the nose.

So I guess a lot can happen in two years. It hasn't always been easy, but it has been fun. Who would have ever thought....new language, new culture, new people, new business. I don't have to get up every morning and drag myself to a job that where I am underpaid and almost completely unnoticed (for those of you who don't know what job....why, teaching, of course) But now I am living my dream...working with beautiful things and creating something every day. But of course, it would be no fun at all if my "partner in crime" had missed his 2:05 appointment.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails