Saturday, January 17, 2009

Favorite Stones... Aventurine

So far I have talked very little about my jewelry, but have decided that I would very much like to remedy that with the next few posts called "Favorite Stones" where I feature a few of my favorite gemstones that I like to work with.
I have been working with Aventurine for a while now and I love the unusual shades of green that the stone has to offer, ranging from a light translucent sage to a deeper soft forest color. Aventurine is a type of quartz and even though the most common color is green, it may also come in various shades of orange, yellow, and browns.

Despite the fact that the stone is usually found in India, it's name comes from the Italian word "a ventrua" which means "by chance". Such a lovely stone to discover just by chance.

All jewelry pieces can be found here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails