Monday, January 19, 2009

Favortie Stones... Fossil Coral

I have only added this fabulous stone to my beading collection just recently and I have truly fallen in love with the natural stone. Fossil Coral comes from fossilized ancient coral reefs and can be found in just about any ocean that holds the spectacular wonders of an ancient ocean.

What I enjoy most about natural stones is that each one is truly unique and no two are alike. The amount of iron and other minerals found in the ocean determines the color which ranges from a lovely cream color, that goes with everything, to a rich burnt orange color.

All jewelry pieces can be found here.

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful!! I love the things in the last post too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are truly gorgeous, they have such an earthly quality...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails