Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's The Little Things That Count...

I cannot really tell you who it was that first said that, but it is so true. Since I have not felt very creative or inspired these days, I decided to work on some of those "little" things that I usually put off because to stop and do them when on is on a creative roll is just too burdensome.

When I have a jewelry sale, I like to add just a little extra touch to make the customer really feel like they have gotten something special... and they have. In our industrial and consumer driven world, the appreciation of the crafter has long been forgotten. So why not bring it back?

Today's project was working on "Thank You" tags. Last Christmas my parents got me this great little machine from Cuttlebug, which is a dye-cutter and embossing machine. Needless to say... it's amazing!

Add a small strip of Anna Maria fabric, a quick little stitch, and finish it off with a spring green organza bag, and there you have it! This is a pair of earrings that gets shipped tomorrow and I hope that my "extra" says that handmade is the way to go.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails