Thursday, January 22, 2009

And Now My Favorite Stone...

...may I have a drum roll please? And now for my favorite of all favorite gemstones to work with, the ever stunning and ever beautiful... Fuchsite Ruby! This is one of the very first gemstones that I started working with and I have to say that my heart has been true ever since. There is nothing like a first love.

This gorgeous little stone has small irregular rubies embedded in the lovely variegated emerald hued fuchsite matrix, in which white quartz is also often present. Breathtaking!

The gemstone typically comes from Brazil and is said to connect one with nature. Next to a diamond, rubies are considered the hardest minerals on earth.

All jewelry pieces can be found here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails