Friday, August 14, 2009

... On A Roll

It seems as if it has been one thing or another that has kept me out of my sewing room these days... but now I'm back on a roll. I have a small, one day show that I am doing in September, and I am finding that I am needing some smaller items for my stand. I have seen a lot of people making these sweet little zipper pouches and I thought that would be perfect extra "little" something to fill things in.

Let me just say, had I known how easy these things are, I would have been sewing them a long time ago. The perfect "Mitbringsel" (small take it with you present) that has so many uses, the possibilities are endless. I simply "Google-d"... "How to sew a zippered pouch" and found so many results, it was just a matter of which tutorial I liked best. This one and this one are my favorites.

I used some leftover scraps that I had from Anna Maria Horner's Garden Party collection (can be found here) and added a leather cord with matching beads on the zipper for some extra pizazz.

I have to say that this falls into the "favorite sewing project" category... quick, easy, and fun.

6 comments :

  1. Oh die sind ja hübsch!!
    Die kleinen Täschchen gefallen mir total gut.

    ganz liebe Grüße
    Ute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solche Täschen kann man immer gebrauchen. Auch spiele schon mit dem Gedanken mir eine kleine Auswahl zu nähen.

    Liebe Grüße

    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. I'd buy those from your little stand if I saw them. So perfect for so many things. . . .and yours are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful, I love the little bead detail too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Allison. I have some Anna Maria Horner's fabrics, but I can't bring myself to cut them ... For zippered pouches, I used Mairuru's tutorial, she has very many interesting tutorials http://mairuru.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails