Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Whatcha' Been Up To?

I would venture a guess and say that it has probably been pretty obvious that my sewing machine has not been doing much else than collecting dust these days. With us being gone in May, my parents visiting us the month of June, new fabric shipments and computer work in July, I have not had too much time work up some of the delicious, new fabrics that I have gotten in. But it seems that jewelry making has been on the brain, which is not a bad thing since we have a small show coming up in September... and it will be mostly jewelry on display.

So here are just a couple pieces that I have been working on. Although it was not love at first sight, I am finding that Aventurine is becoming one of my favorite stones to work with. I love the soft, muted gray-green color of this natural stone.

5 comments :

  1. Hi..I haven't been up to much at all, no work, at the mo, it has gone really quiet...had grandson to stay, and big party for my mums 80th...and then Hubby for a week or so and then I go to Paris for 9 days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the necklaces, that stone is so soothing. We have been busy with repairs to "real house" and cohabitating in small apartment. It's an experience to say the least... really missing my own space ya know. Light at the end of the tunnel though...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allison, thanks for comment, You really must go to Italy, I have been three times now, I love it, not just for the food, but the scenery, it is a fantastic place, and you live not too far, which is great..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweet Alli... in answer to your question, it's what you american's might call a coochie...get it now? LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails